Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Market Day!

WALT:Write an interesting and detailed recount.


Team four’s market day was awesome! On the eleventh of September, Team four had a huge market day. We sold our products to kids in our team. We also advertised and brought products. Everyone had PTS and Pieces to buy what they wanted. By the way PTs and Pieces are the team four currency. If you have 1 PT you double it in NZ dollars, 1 PT equals 2 dollars. We had a market for this terms topic Trade and Enterprise. Earlier this term we had a trade fair for our topic. It was amazing.


Weeks before the actual market day we prepared and got ready for it. In our team there are six business’. In our business’ there were smaller groups. Our six business’ are, Kitchen, Homeware, Jewelry and accessories, Custom Stationery, Musical Instruments and Toys. Each group made there own little products to sell. My group had decided to create and design our own book covers to share with everyone in Team Four.


When I was time to have our market we had to set up our store. In the year six block the groups that were in there were, Homeware, Custom Stationery and Musical Instruments. The groups in the year five block were Toys and Jewelry and accessories. On the porch were the Kitchen group. It was chaos, there were teachers setting up, kids wandering around and even kids been lazy.       


Selling in the beginning wasn’t that good for me and my group. Me and my business sold 9 book covers and made 22 PT and 50 pieces. Once we were there for a while we got the hang of advertising and selling products. We also sold 5 generic ones too. I absolutely hated selling, it was so boring. When I was trying to sell all I was yelling out was “Maths book covers, 2PT and 50 pieces. We also had a poster which kind of helped us to get customers attention.


Before the market I with drawed 10 PT. With my 10 PT I bought tons of things. Buying things is my favorite thing. At the market bought loombands, slime, chocolate fudge, a candle and even a drum. Shopping was my favorite part of the market. Unfortunately at the end of the market I spilt my slime. But I still had lots of fun.

Our market day was magnificent.  I bet all of the kids had lots of fun buying and selling products. The group I enjoyed the most was Toys. They had some amazing stuff. I also loved the Kitchen group. They had some delicious food. I would LOVE to have another market day. Overall my group made 35 PT. Everything was amazing.



Recount Writing

1
2
3
4
Write for my reader
I've tried to think about my reader
My writing shows some awareness of reader because my writing is quite clear and I have tried to interest my reader.
My writing is easy to understand and I have tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts.
My writing really considers audience as reader because I have kept their interest and made them feel like they know exactly what it was like for me.
Purpose
I tried to meet the purpose
My text goes some way towards meeting the purpose
The message is clear in some parts of the recount.
My text fully meets the purpose.
The message is clear all through the recount.
Introduction
My introduction does not yet clearly orientate or hook in my reader.
My introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about.
My introduction hooks in my reader and it is clear what I am writing about.
My introduction wows my reader!
Paragraph Topics
My paragraphs are confused and don't follow my plan.
I have tried to follow my plan.
Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail.
My paragraphs have some complex as well as simple sentences. Post paragraphs give details about 1 big idea.
I have followed the paragraph topic in my plan.
My paragraphs have complex and simple sentences. Paragraphs all give details about 1 big idea.
Task Description: Our task was to write a recount that is interesting and detailed. We had to write a recount about our market we had last week. It was amazing. I learnt about how to write good recounts and make them hook the reader in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.